Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Golden Griffin

My daughter's seventh birthday was yesterday and all she wanted was for me to sculpt her a griffin. I didn't have much time to complete the job but I couldn't let my little art director down! With a little Q&A I was able to determine exactly what she wanted. She said the griffin should be sitting, with one claw up, head slightly turned and wings extended. I asked her if she wanted it painted realistically, because she had requested the sculpture be realistic, not cartoony. She said she wanted it painted gold. At first I was hesitant, but I think the gold really turned out nice. It almost reminds me of a relic from an Indiana Jones movie. I'm glad to report that she was quite happy with the results. :)




2 comments:

  1. Top notch stuff! Wow. What did u model with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mel!! It's super sculpy and gold acrylic paint. It would be awesome if it was real gold! LOL! Or better yet, filled with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete